SOME VITAMINS FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON
Things you should do to stay healthy in the cold time of the year: put on warm clothes and eat looooots and lots of vitamins. The one vitamin which is best known for its prophylactic health benefits is vitamin C. And where do we find vitamin C? Yes, in citrus fruits for example. But bell peppers do have even more of it! Okay, so we need bell peppers for our vitamin packed recipe. What else? Kale! I couldn’t think of many other foods that are as amazing as kale when it comes to health benefits for your body. And right now ist he perfect time for kale – you’ll find it on every farmers market. So the next time when you are out for buying your veggies, keep your eyes up for those lush, green leaves which will provide you with loads of vitamins! As another main ingredient for this recipe I chose potatoes. Just because… potatoes. Okay, I told you that this is gonna be an all you can eat recipe – so what does that mean? It simply means that I believe that the main ingredients are so super healthy that you just can’t get too much of them. So boil as many potatoes as fitting in your pot and take as much kale as if you would plan to feed a whole hord of sheep with it.
- All you can eat:
- Red bell pepper
- Other stuff
- Walnut oil
Just a few simple steps:
- Boil the potatoes until they are done
- In the meantime wash the kale, “vom stiel befreien” and “in Stücke reißen”
- To make the kale leaves a little softer and easier to chew later you have to “blanchiere” them: Put the leaves in boiling water and take them out again after 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut the bell pepper into stripes
- Roughly cut the potatoes
- Put the garlic and the walnut oil into a pan and let it simmer (?) for 1 or 2 minutes. Then add potatoes, kale and bell pepper.
- “kurz anbraten”
- put it on a (huge) plate and top it with some almonds
- Here you go!